May 20, 2024
News

Tembisa | Two minors dies after consuming cookies with rat poison.

poison

Ivory Park SAPS Station Commander, Brigadier David Mbongeni Ngcobo, has expressed his sadness following the death of two minor children on Thursday after consuming cookies laced up with rat poison.

It is alleged that three minors who were cleaning their home in Ivory Park extension 3 were exposed to cookies laced up with rat poison, where they were put for rats to eat. The trio shared the cookies amongst themselves which resulted into one dying at a local clinic while the other died in hospital. The deceased victims are a boy and a girl aged three and four years old.

The third child is in a critical state, fighting for his life in hospital. “People should not go around buying illegal substances such as this rat poison which has so far, claimed five lives in Tembisa.”

“The first case was reported in Tembisa, Ivory Park Extension 2 about two months ago whereby three children died because an adult failed to take extra care to ensure that kids cannot reach the poison laced food,” said Brigadier Ngcobo.

Brigadier Ngcobo further appealed to community members to refrain from buying rat killers such as Alprim, rather report people who sell these dangerous stuff. A case of an inquest has been opened at the Ivory Park police for further investigation.