Sassa has taken a new look at their website with a makeover full of bright colours, this is with hopes that applicants who make use of the website for application and status check, will have a clear understanding of the self service platform. https://www.sassa-status.co.za/
What is the qualifying criteria?
- A South African Citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee registered on the Home Affairs database and persons who are holders of special permits under the Special Angolan Dispensation, the Lesotho Exemption Permit dispensation and the Zimbabwe Exemption Permit Dispensation, and asylum seekers whose section 22 permits or visas are valid or were valid on 15 March 2020;
- Currently residing within the borders of the Republic of South Africa;
- Above the age of 18 and below the age of 60;
- Not receiving any social grant in respect of himself or herself;
- Not receiving an unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive an unemployment insurance benefit;
- Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme and other financial aid;
- Not receiving any other government COVID-19 response support;
Why it is important to re-apply?
- People’s circumstances may have changed over time;
- In order to confirm clients’ personal details, assess their income and financial status;
- Applicants need to accept the declaration and consent, which has been strengthened to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) which came to effect on 21 July 2021;
- In order to access or to have the application reconsidered for the Social Relief of Distress Grant, an applicant must grant consent for SASSA to verify his or her identity, residency, income or social security benefits with any other institution deemed necessary by SASSA.
What information is needed ?
Applicants will have to sign a declaration and consent to their information being validated and shared with other organisations and financial institutions such as SARS and banks. For your application to go through the process, the applicant will have to provide the following :Address, ID Card, Name & Surname, Phone number.
Click here to make an application to receive the SRD R350 or for reapplications. The website is also used for status check.